KayakRoll: A kayak roll (often referred to as an Eskimo roll) is the act of righting a capsized kayak by use of body motion and/or a paddle. (wikipedia)
Why do you need to learn the roll?
You really don’t need that knowledge!
Until you get into a situation where you do!
You can save your life or your companions, as you can stay in your kayak and be on the surface again in 1 second after a capsize. and then leave the danger zone or help others.
In this workshop I will only pay attention to you, as we will perfect and practice your personal technique and movements.
For safety reasons, I work with max. 2 people.
Unfortunately, experience shows that in Hungary kayakers are not welcome in the swimming pool, so we do courses outdoors.
For Dates click on the workshop below.
We start the theoretical part on land and then move on to the practice very soon. First learn some basic movements on land. After warming up your body properly, we try these movements on the water. First with a diving mask, then with a nose clip, and later without it.
The Kayak Rolling Course is 6 hours long , at least 60% of this we spent in water.
The Eskimo roll can be mastered by anyone, but the learning time varies from individual to individual.
Some people roll confidently after 1-2 hours, but it is also recommended for them to practice regularly first, preferably in a pool, and then in different types of outdoor water.
There are some who also need 2-3 days of exercise. However, with a little perseverance, they will succeed.
Skills to help to master the Eskimo roll:
- if you feel comfortable underwater as well
- good movement coordination
- good sense of balance
- rowing experience and confident, skillful application of sea kayak course techniques
The fee for the workshop: 100 euros / person
I’ll help to practice and it will roll! Come on!
For Dates click the workshop below
SAFETY IS the most important to us!
Safety conditions for participating in tours:
- swim knowledge: the buoyancy aid holds You at the surface of the water, but because it’s about watersport, the minimum swim ability is expected from the participants.
- zero alcohol consumption during the day – no one can drink alcohol or be under the influence of drugs. Anyone who breaks this rules has to face the consequences, surely he will not get into kayaks that day. In the case of a multi-day tour, this may also result for the participant being deprived of the opportunity to continue and complete the tour. In the evening, minimal alcohol consumption is allowed in the camp!